If your shipment has not gone as you had planned, please let us know so that we can do everything in our power to fix it. Let our Customer Experience team know so they can help.
If you would like to file a claim you must submit a request directly to our Customer Experience team by contacting us within 30 days of your item being shipped. A member of our team will reach out to you to ask for supporting documents that may include, but is not limited to, proof-of-value, proof-of-original-purchase, photos of damage to your item and photos of damage to the packaging.
Our team will asses the supporting evidence that you submit and process your claim in a timely manner. If your claim is successful, Shyp will compensate you up to the current value of your item within the maximum insured amount. For example, if your item's current value is $200 but you did not purchase additional insurance, the maximum you'll be given is $100. Likewise, if your item's current value is $80 but your shipment was ensured for $500, you'll only be given $80. You will be compensated by electronic deposit or check once we have received your payment details. Please note that physical checks take considerably longer to receive than electronic deposit.
Please note, as per our Terms of Service, the following are not covered by the insurance:
- Shipments marked as 'Delivered' by the carrier or being held for collection by the carrier.
- Anything sent by USPS First Class International Mail
- Anything sent using a pre-paid label
- Anything not packaged by Shyp (self-packaged)
- Shipments that are lost or damaged as a result of 'force majeure' or an 'act of God', such as severe weather.